Reporting to the Chief Estimator, the Estimator is capable of performing all facets of a construction estimate including quantities, costing and subtrade analysis for presentation and final review of major items.
· Responsible for all aspects of the estimate.
· Reviews proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
· Prepares detailed estimated by calculating complete take-off of scope of work.
· Maintains files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current and accurate information on prices from suppliers.
· Reviews market labour and equipment rates and advise accordingly.
· Prepares final estimate summaries, analyzing each section for scope, pricing and completeness.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications;
· Engineering Diploma or Degree
· 5 Years construction estimating experience
· Excellent communications and problem solving skills
· Experience using estimating systems is required