Reporting to the Operations Manager or Construction Manager, the Senior Project Manager must have commercial construction experience and will be responsible for:
· Managing all aspects of construction projects.
· Responsible for ensuring the successful completion of the project, its profitability, and for retaining the owner as a continuing client of the company.
· Establishes project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within the boundaries of corporate policy.
· Ensures that the project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
· Contributes as appropriate to the pre-award process by determining project scope, planning and estimating.
· Monitors/controls construction progress through administrative direction of on-site project personnel to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
· Investigates potentially serious situations and implements corrective measures.
· Manages financial aspects of contracts to protect the company’s interests and maintains good relationships with client.
· Provides overall administrative and technical direction to projects, from bid preparation to final acceptance by client, by ensuring that the project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
· Contributes as appropriate to the pre-award process of determining project scope, planning and estimating.
· Assists reviews and negotiates contracts; liaises with legal counsel as appropriate in conjunction with Department Manager.
· Develops, recommends and implements the project plan after the project is awarded.
· Assembles key personnel for the project.
· Selects subcontractors for projects.
· Monitors and controls progress, costs and budgets throughout the project.
· Advises the Department Manager on project status and results in a timely fashion.
· Resolves disputes between the Company and owner, or Company and subcontractors when possible prior to Branch or Department Manager’s involvement.
· Identifies required and optional changes in project scope; negotiates change orders with the owner.
· Ensures that project staff understands the Company’s operating policies and practices, and applies these policies appropriately.
· Hires, coaches/mentors and provides direction and reviews the performance of personnel reporting directly to the Senior Project Manager.
· Maintains safety standards in all aspects of each project.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications;
· Mechanical, Civil or Structural engineering degree or equivalent training and experience
· 10 plus years experience in the construction industry responsible for commercial/civil projects.
· Thorough knowledge of all aspects of commercial/civil construction (technology, equipment, materials, negotiation, engineering, estimating, scheduling and safety).
· Knowledge of and experience with construction, design, finance and management.
· Superior communication and interpersonal skills required (tact, diplomacy, influence). Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.